Democracy

8 Nov

“The idea of democracy is going to be debunked. It’s like democracy has become a secular God in this country like mother, and apple pie, and democracy. But people don’t really understand what they’re talking about when they say that. Democracy, in effect, is nothing but mob rule dressed up in a sports coat. That’s all it is. It’s a lynch mob. It’s 51% of the people get to turn the other 49% into sacrificial animals. So I’m not a fan of democracy. I’m a fan of freedom. And those two things should not be conflated.” Doug Casey

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: